Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Interesting Dreams


I've had some interesting dreams lately.

In one of them, I was on an operating room and about to undergo some surgery. As someone approached my thigh and started to inject anesthetics, I felt a little of the pain but noticed I couldn't feel my fingers tapping on my leg. This caused everything to go dark and it was as if I had reached a cusp. I had to make a decision: was that real or was that not real. I rationally decided it was better to not be undergoing surgery, which caused me to wake up and notice my hand was not on my thigh, that's why I couldn't feel it. The interesting point here was the volitional decision: what reality would I choose?


Another interesting one was pretty convoluted, including me owning a hotel, there was some sore of parking garage confusion... presidential candidates (McCain was there with his family and a black security guard and I was wondering if it was appropriate to go and ask to take a picture -- and I don't even like the guy)... my dad was there... anyhow, at some point things started to look cartoonish (the whole environment and people), I started flying, and the sky/ world turned into a (black and white?) pattern accompanied by an orchestral music that I was humming along to. I felt like I was laughing, and even wondering if my girlfriend could hear me actually humming (so I guess I was to some extent conscious of being in a dream)...

Interesting dreams, not sure what it means, but writing is a way to not forget it. :-)

Arpie

No comments: